SAVE THE DATE FOR THE
4th ANNUAL TASTE OF WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2015 5-8pm
on the waterfront at MarineMax
The Jeff Gordon Chevrolet and the Wrightsville Beach Foundation proudly present the 4th Annual Taste of Wrightsville Beach. This exciting event will be held on Saturday, October 10, 2015 from 5:00-8:00PM on the waterfront at MarineMax, Wrightsville Beach. The festival will celebrate the island’s diverse and delicious fare on and around the beach with over 30 local cuisine, beer and wine tasting booths. Celebrity judges will rate the dishes with a “Best in Show” and participants will select the “People’s Choice” award. Any net proceeds will be used for the following purposes:
· 20% towards the New Hanover County Weekend Meals on Wheels program. The mission of this non-profit organization is to ensure provision of nutritious meals and social contact to senior and disabled persons on weekends and other days not covered by the weekday Home Delivered Meals program in New Hanover County.
· 30% towards the Cape Fear Community College Pineapple Guild Club for Hotel-Restaurant and Culinary Technology students to help fund their annual trip to the National Restaurant Association Expo in Chicago. The club provides social and professional contacts and experiences for students. This group provides helpful assistance to our restaurant competitors during the Taste of Wrightsville Beach.
· 25% towards Wrightsville Beach Park Amenities and Programs *
· 25% towards Wrightsville Beach Beautification Projects *
* In partnership with the town of Wrightsville Beach
Get your tickets EARLY below.
Friends of the Wrightsville Beach Foundation receive a discount.
THANK YOU to our 2015 sponsors:
(Please click "here" if you are interested in a sponsorship)
The 3rd Annual Taste of Wrightsville Beach took place Saturday, October 11, 2014 at MarineMax. 22 North swept both the Judge’s Award and the People’s Choice Award with its seared pork belly over smoky local greens with sweet potato grits and vidalla jam.
Judges Award: People's Choice Award:
1st place: 22 North 1st Place: 22 North
2nd place: The Oceanic 2nd Place: Sweet and Savory
3rd place: Sweet & Savory 3rd Place: Ceviche's
PARTICIPATING BEER AND WINE VENDORS
PR.A. Jefferies Craft Beers: Natty Greene’s Brewing Company (Greensboro), Carolina Brewery (Chapel Hill), LoneRider Brewing Company (Raleigh), Aviator Brewing Company (Fuquay Varina), Goose Island (Chicago), Big Boss (Raleigh), Blue Point (Long Island, NY), Triangle Brewing Company(Durham), Carolina Brewing Company (Holly Springs, NC), Kind Beers (Wilmington, NC), Iron Clad Brewery (Wilmington, NC), White Street Brewing Company (Wake Forest , NC), and Shock Top Brewing Company
WINERIES: Copa Divino, Windham Distributing, Juice Wine Purveyors, Carolina Blueberry Vintage Wine, and ONEHOPE Wine